CAVEAT: While I realize this could be considered gossip, it's career oriented and does not in any way infringe (that I can think of) on Liev's personal life. It also bodes well for those of us who've been praying to the Oscar Gods that the perfect role will land in Liev's lap and his genius will finally be revealed to the world in BIGGY SIZE.
There's a Tweet going around saying Liev has just signed with new management by way of one Jason Weinberg at Untitled. If I had to sum this Group up in a word, it would be progressive. Weinberg appears to be a guy who gets the job done. *Churn that butter*
If you subscribe at all to my theories about connections, a glance at Weinberg's Talent Roster begs the question what took you so long? I know Hollyworld is a small place but, seriously, check this out:
(And there may be more - this is just off the top of my head):
- Naomi - Obvious one.
- Simon Baker - Friend - also husband of Naomi's galpal/co-star Rebecca Rigg (Ellie Parker)
- Melanie Griffith - Worked with Liev (RKO 281)
- Carla Cugino - Worked with Liev (Every Day) and Pablo Schreiber (Desire under the Elms)
- Anne Heche - Worked with Liev (Walking and Talking)
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher - Worked with Liev and Naomi (the 24 Hours Plays)
- Julia Stiles - Worked with Liev (Hamlet and The Omen)
- Parker Posey - Worked with Liev (Mixed Nuts, Partygirl, The Daytrippers)
- Minnie Driver - Friend
- Marisa Tomei - Friend
- Laura Dern - Worked with Naomi (We Don't Live Here Anymore)
- Ryan Merrimen - Worked with Naomi and Simon Baker (The Ring II)